New 140 exhaust valve defective?

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 06:50:07 AKDT 2003

Thought I would follow up on this . . . . .  it was a defective valve, new out of the package. Rich Verano sent a replacement and it dropped right in. Engine running like a top.

Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com> wrote:
I picked up some new valves and springs for a well-used 140FZ, 1998 vintage. The intake valve went in no problem, but the exhaust valve has a shallower cut for the spring retainer clips. The result is the clips stick up slightly from the top of the spring retainer, and the spring is slightly more compressed. The part number for the valve is YS2165, but this part number appears to be the same for all 120's and 140's. I ended up replacing the entire head from a backup engine, but I would like to make this right.  Anyone seen this before?

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com