moderator....

mdarr00 at comcast.net mdarr00 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 14 05:22:35 AKDT 2003

Well let's see if we can shed some light on this subject, and put this to bed once and for all.  The answer is real easy.  Competion is not for everyone, be it IMAC, pattern or whatever else toots your horn.  Pattern is not ever going to die, as long as people still enjoy flying pattern.  In fact pattern is growing.  Now this year here in D4 we had some pretty well attended contests.  The D4 Finals had 40 pilots.  The contest was so highly attended, we only had time to fly 5 rounds.  Also in my contest at the RCCD field in Lenox MI. we had 20 pilots, 9 of which entered the Spotsman class.  The Sportsman class consisted from a Sig Fourstar 60, all the way up to a Carden 40% Edge 540.

People who choose to fly pattern or IMAC choose to fly before judges, and along with that comes constructive critisism, which makes us all become better pilots.  You can be sure that everybody out there, that has decided to fly, in whichever type of class more than once, has become a better pilot in the type of flying they have choosen.

This list is intended to give those who enjoy pattern a way to communicate our experiances in flying pattern.  Anybody that is not interested in Pattern does not have to participate on this list.  If somebody chooses to use this list, to air out there dirty laundry about Pattern, they are not going to make any friends in pattern, that is for sure.  We all participate on this list, and in Pattern Competetions, because this is what we love.  It is in our blood.  Everybody has different interests.  It is up the individual to find what makes them happy, and persue it.  If somebody is not happy with what they have tried, or are doing then maybe they need to find something else that will make them happy, and allow the rest of us to keep doing what makes us happy.

Good luck to you,

Mike Darr