Fw: moderator....

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 04:59:58 AKDT 2003

 Pattern is on the rise in my area D5. In Missouri alone this year they had 5 contests and they were pretty well attended. We had 40 contestents at the D4 champs in KY. too! It might be a regional problem. Mike

Del Rykert <drykert at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
st1\:* {	BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)}st2\:* {	BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)}In some areas of the US it is on the wane. Clubs can't justify holding a contest if only a handful of contestants show up. Many clubs that used to hold pattern contest no longer do. From that perspective the pattern scene isn't well. Just look at the NSRCA numbers and one can see the major decline.

     Del K. Rykert
     AMA - 8928
     NSRCA - 473
     Kb2joi - General