Broken header - cause?

Chuck Czarnik CCzarnik at arclp.com
Sun Oct 12 06:00:53 AKDT 2003

After re-working my exhaust system my AAP header broke on the first start up.  The flare on the end where it screws into the engine broke off and it started leaking there.

I have the pipe secured at the front and back, with about 5" of teflon connected to the header.  Engine is YS 140 sport on Hyde ARI.  So, did I kill it with a pipe mouted too stiff, or do these things break there anyway?

Trying to decide if I have more work to do so I won't tear up another one.

Thanks for any help! Chuck

-----------------------------
NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail message
is either attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended
only for the use of the individual or agent responsible to deliver
it to the intended recipient; or, alternately, proprietary information
(trade secret).  You are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication or unauthorized use of the
information herein contained, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately delete it
from your computer and notify the sender of your receipt of this message.
# discussion-request at nsrca.org