JB Weld

David Harmon K6XYZ at comcast.net
Fri Oct 10 18:58:54 AKDT 2003

Lance....the pipe I wanted to bead was 5/8 od for 4 strokes. This pipe
was 11/16 id.
This beader tool measures 1/2 on the main body.

I would call Earl's and tell them exactly the pipe size and material and
let them advise you which one would be correct.

The best way to use it is to mount it vertically in a vise then slip the
pipe over the balls. Then, push down on the pipe and start turning it at
the same time while you tighten the small nut head until you get the
bead you like.
I put a good looking bead on a piece of copper water pipe with this
thing as a test so rest assured that it works great on the thin wall
aluminum tubing.

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586