ThunderTiger 120-RP

Mark McLeod markmcleod at comcast.net
Fri Oct 10 14:52:57 AKDT 2003

Ok,
Since it's so quiet tonight - I'll ask this one.

What can anyone tell me about the Thunder Tiger 120RP. It seems like it
would pull a 10lb plane fairly well. For those that don't know it's a 1.27ci
rear exhaust pumped engine.

Mac's website shows it turning a 16x14APC @ 8000. A couple of people in
Europe seem to be running them.

For me a pro is it's available for about $165.00 shipped and is happy on
low-nitro fuel. As for the con's - it seems to be an orphaned engine here in
the US, parts might be an issue, torque and linear throttle response are
unknowns as well as reliability.

Any light people can shed on this would be appreciated.

Mark

# discussion-request at nsrca.org