Teflon headers, followup

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Thu Oct 9 12:58:23 AKDT 2003

Bob
How long is your Teflon? I found that if you use a short piece between the
header and muffler it won't last long and usually breaks at the end of the
header. I use a piece about seven inches long and have no problems. Also another
thing that causes failure is overheating which can be caused by several things
such as a plugged pipe, valve adjustment, a lean run. a lean run which you
think is to rich but is actually due to low nitro content in the fuel. On a 140-L
leaning out using 15% notro will melt the Teflon in as few as one or two
flight's even with the longer Teflon length except the Teflon split's long ways.
Buddy