YS-91 AC Gremlin

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Nov 30 20:18:58 AKST 2003

Yes,

richen the air bleed screw on the throttle barrel. In is Rich and out is
lean. The idle set screw is an air bleed...which is basically a hole in the
butterfly oposing the Carb inlet. By closing this hole down it makes the
mixture richer as less air leaks past the screw that closes the hole.
Leaning it opens this open....

So my suggestion is to richen (cw rotation) on the screw about 1/4-1/2
turn...If it still doesn't kill it then go in again....If you bottom this
screw out and it still doesn't die on its own then its leaking someplace
else...

Also as for idle adjustment this will richen the bottom end...I doubt
seriously if you see be able to see the difference....The air bleed screw is
really not very critical....I shoot for a fairly rich low end. It would not
stumble coming up but will not jump to 9000rpm in 1/2 sec either. Kind of a
roll effect that is smooth. The mid range and the transition is more
effected by the pressure regulator and not this idle screw.

Let me know if I can help further

Troy

>From: Larry Caldwell <4larryc at bscn.com>
>To: discussion at nsrca.org
>Subject: YS-91 AC Gremlin
>Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:54:15 -0600
>
>I have a low time 91AC with a new problem I haven't been able to track
>down.  Good idle at 2,000, good transition, plenty of power.  It won't shut
>off with the throttle.  It will go to a real slow idle, maybe 1700, and
>stay there.  If you leave it there 2 or 3 minutes, it will eventually quit.
>
>I noticed the o-ring on the bottom of the air chamber didn't look like it
>was well seated and thought that might be the problem, but it wasn't.
>While I had the air chamber and carb off I looked at the gaskets, and
>visually at least they are ok.
>
>Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
>
>Larry Caldwell

># To be removed from this list, send a message to #
>discussion-request at nsrca.org
># and put leave discussion on the first line of the body.
>#

Say “goodbye” to busy signals and slow downloads with a high-speed Internet
connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org