DuBro Servo Arms-JR Servos

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Nov 29 09:35:05 AKST 2003

In a message dated 11/29/2003 10:31:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rcaerobob at cox.net writes:

> Subj:DuBro Servo Arms-JR Servos
> Date:11/29/2003 10:31:19 AM Eastern Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:rcaerobob at cox.net">rcaerobob at cox.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Wondering if anyone has used these?  What's your experience on JR servos?
> I have a couple that seem to not be seating fully down on the output shaft
> no matter how tight.  Almost as if something is stopping the arm from going on
> all the way.
>
> Any thoughts, insights?
>
> Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
> NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
> <A HREF="mailto:rcaerobob at cox.net">rcaerobob at cox.net</A>
> <A HREF="http://www.rcaerobats.net/">www.rcaerobats.net</A>

Bob are you talking about the heavy duty plastic arms? If that's what you are
talking about, I had a similar experience as yours, with one arm not seating
firmly all the way. The retaining screw was the standard short that came with
earlier generation JR servos.

Didn't think that much about it since it was an aileron application. The good
news is it was an aileron application, with its built-in servo redudancy
which saved the plane possibly. Bad news is the output servo splined shaft tore
off the servo.

Two things: first, the short screw was a little too short and did not reach
down far enough into the splined shaft. Second, The arms are thicker in the
screw mount area and that exacerbated the problem.

If you use these, make sure that the retaining screws go far enough into the
shaft. Better yet, toss the arm and refit another that fits AND use a longer
retaining screw. The heavy duty arms are very robust and I will continue to use
them (with extra care thgough)

Matt K