WHAT IS A GOOD DECIBEL LEVEL FOR A GIANT PLANE

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Sat Nov 29 04:54:47 AKST 2003

I have a friend that has a 40% Extra.  He lost planes due to flutter.  I told him to install soft mount to reduce the possibility of flutter.  He followed my advice and installed a Hyde mount on a 150 cc engine.  He also installed a good canister system.  As a result the plane is very quiet.  I think he told me below 92 db but I can't remember the number.

Definitively the soft mount was a nice solution for reducing the sound level and vibration in the airframe.  You will need to contact Merle Hyde to get information on the Hyde mount.

Vicente Bortone

Vicente Bortone

# discussion-request at nsrca.org