Engine runs lean, old Webra 61. Who can help?

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Fri Nov 28 15:38:10 AKST 2003

Two things you didn't mention was trying a new fresh purchased fuel, and
Check for foaming fuel in tank.  How long before it goes lean? Does the
piston or head show varnish? Can help it over heat and go lean. My webra
with Dynamix carg always ran best on low nitro fuel. Nitro is very expensive
and hard to come by in Europe and that engine was designed with that in
mind. Can you get the engine to go slobbering rich with backing out needle
valve? If not you still have a restriction in feed line. Any bubbles noticed
in fuel line near carb would note foaming and also needs to be fixed.  Hope
these ideas help.

     Del K. Rykert
     AMA - 8928
     NSRCA - 473