Source for PPG or Automotive Paints

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 04:11:34 AKST 2003

 From what i've seen you would do best getting the concept ppg from Tony @ Radio South. They match the coverings and sell it in smaller quantities. I think you could do a Temptaton fuse in 3 colors for around $100. The minimum quantities that the Auto paint stores sells in are way to much. Good luck with the Temptation. Is it your 1st one? Mike

DIETER ROZEK <rozekd at earthlink.net> wrote:I'm currently in need to find a source for some paint to paint my temptation
fuselage and was wondering if anyone knew of a source in the S. California
(Los Angeles) area. From what I've read and heard it appears that the
overwhelming paint product choice is PPG, is this in fact true or are there
other brands of paint being used. I'm guessing that the Concept series from
PPG is most prevalent. Also, do most paint supply stores match the color to
the film coverings being used. I'll be covering the wings with Oracover,
similar to Ultracote, and would need the supplier to be able to match the
color of the covering.

Thanks

Dieter

# discussion-request at nsrca.org