Glassing wing center section

Edward Skorepa edsko at xmission.com
Tue Nov 25 18:09:25 AKST 2003

You're right! The strongest lay up would be with unidirectional cloth
running span wise. But that wasn't my point! If somebody wants to use
bi-directional cloth (most people do, it's widely available unlike uni) then
cloth needs to lay down on bias. Otherwise,  filaments laying cord wise
don't contribute to strength at all and are just waste and extra weight. As
I said before, TWO yarns on 45 are stronger (not optimal)  but much better
then ONE running span wise.
As for 60/40 ratio, it's achievable. I seal the wood first with sanding
sealer before glassing.

Enjoy your turkey.
Ed
P.S. thanks for nice comment about my pipes (check's in the mail)