CTE

Amir Neshati amirneshati at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 25 14:26:58 AKST 2003

100 lbs. is just a tiny bit over kill ;-)....you just have surpass the servo's torque a bit, really....I've used
40 lbs. and 20 lbs. coated fishing lines just because I had them around. The major thing to avoid
is chafing. As long as you don't tear the line by chafing it on the glass fuselage at the exit point, the
servo wheel attachment, or the control surface attachment methods, any coated fishing line in the
 20ish lbs. range should be fine for  the pattern ships...

I like using eye bolts before the clevis, as they are rounded without any sharp edges where the
cable loops back and will not cut the cable. And easy to adjust if needed.

Amir

  I see a reference to 40# Kevlar, which triggers a question.
  What strength Kevlar is needed. The airplane pull-pull system I've seen state 100#. I've read you can use Spiderwire fishing Kevlar but the strongest I've seen in that is 65#.

  This may be a dumb question, but I'm attempting to setup elevator pull-pull for the 1st time & don't want to creat a problem with line that's too small.

  thanks Eddie