CTE

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 09:12:22 AKST 2003

I can't speak to trim change on pull-pull, however yesterday after a night of 35 deg. weather I went flying and when I turned the plane on my rudder began osculating. I also experienced this at the Hot Springs contest on a chilly morning. Luckily at Hot Springs Dave Cotton suggested I tighten my pull-pull cables and the osculation went away and I was able to fly (thanks Dave). Yesterday morning I also tightened the cables and the problem disappeared.

Since it happened again yesterday with temperatures colder than Hot Springs I believe it is due to the fuse shrinking while sitting in my garage in the colder temperatures.

Therefore, even if the *trim* doesn't change for pull-pull, your cable tension will change which could cause differences or possible problems.

Keith Black