Glassing wing center section

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 04:36:25 AKST 2003

Ron Van Putte-

I think you experimented with water base poly-U for center
section glassing a while back.  Are you still using that?

All-
The various plans for using multilayers of light glas are
best I think. Personally I use 2 layers of 2 oz, and a top
layer of 1/2 oz, and no filler.  The glas grain is barely
visible under Ultracoat upon close inpsection.

I sop up as much epoxy from each layer as I can with
the toilet paper roll techinque.  The strength is the
glas, excess epoxy is just weight.

Later, Ron Lockhart

# discussion-request at nsrca.org