Excellence, Masters and F3A

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 20:30:50 AKST 2003

In a message dated 11/24/2003 10:58:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
troy_newman at msn.com writes:
Sorry guys I'll just stay quiet....Seems I get less grief that way.

Troy

Please don't let what is surely a small misunderstanding lead you to be
anything other than the Troy Newman we all love. Your candor and honest opinions
are second only to your enthusiasm and hard work. You are one hard core pattern
flyer!

While there are those that would make advancement to FAI mandatory if it were
up to them, I really don't believe you feel that way. However, you did pen
the following statement :

An AMA pattern class that is designed as a
destination class is just that....a destination...and once you reach your
destination the Journey is no longer endured! Some will play for a while but
they reached their destination and fall off the map...We loose these pilots
because we expect less from them!

Others are happy as stationary pilots. The problem is now we have to change
the rules every 2-3 years to keep your interest. I say move up and play in
the big sand box!

That can very easily be taken out of context to mean you favor forced
advancement.

Through your actions and your words, you have probably helped more flyers
than anyone else in pattern. You certainly have given me some timely advice in
the past and I feel I will need some more in the future.

One thing I won't tolerate is a "silent" Troy Newman !