Quest and YS 1.10.

Buff Miller fmiller2 at sc.rr.com
Mon Nov 24 18:37:43 AKST 2003

Hey Eric,

Funny you should bring up this subject of integral gasket/diaphragms in the
YS regulators.  Lately, I've been "banking and yanking" with a little Aresti
with a YS 53 pulling it around. It too has the integral diaphragm. And, it
too is not flat.  The spring is smaller but quite a bit stronger than the
larger YS's.  Over time the spring has put a pretty good sized bulge in the
diaphragm.

The 53 hasn't spit any props, but it sure is insensitive on the needle valve
setting, while very sensitive on the brass regulator setting.

In fact, the other day the fuel was dripping quite heavily with the brass
regulator adjustment flush, as we're taught to set them.  This was while
there was pressure in the tank.  Releasing the pressure and the dripping
would stop.  To solve the problem, I cranked the brass screw in two turns.

While driving home, I was toying with the idea of putting a 120 - 140 type
round diaphragm in just to see if that would help.  Now I know I will do it.

Thanks for the very timely lead.

Buff