2003 D7 Championship, Las Vegas contest results

Tom Collins tomc at buyrc.com
Mon Nov 24 07:09:50 AKST 2003

D7 completed their Championship contest in Las Vegas this weekend. We got
blown out on Sat. with 35 to 40 mph winds. Sun. arrived bright and sunny
with only a breath of wind. It was cold until mid-day, but gave us a chance
to try out those winter coats we don't get to use much. The turnout was
light with only 22 contestants, but there were some fierce battles in most
of the classes. We were able to get 4 rounds in on Sunday.

Thanks to Jerry Carrick and Machele Busutil for the excellent scorekeeping
and Gary Byrd for serving up some awesome Polish sausages. Everyone had a
great time.

You can see all the scores by round at
http://www.buyrc.com/contests/2003D7Champs/D7results.htm

In summary, the results are:
Sportsman
1. Joe Franks. (hey! we need more Sportsman pilots)

Intermediate
1. Tom Collins (won 2 of 4 rounds)
2. Ed Luhrman (won 2 of 4 rounds)
3. Bill Wallace
4. Jeff Hill (visiting from New Mexico, it was great to have him flying with
us)
5. Jarvis Johnson
6. Bill Pascucci (our friend from Massachusetts)
7. Jim Brown
8. David Saenz

1. Mike Middleton (won 3 of 4 rounds)
2. Jon Carter (won 1 of 4 rounds)