2 cell Lithium polymers as your receiver pack?

JOddino JOddino at socal.rr.com
Fri Nov 21 14:43:08 AKST 2003

Hi Mike,
You can use Li-Poly.  I feel that the Li-Ions might be safer because of the conventional metal case and vent.  The same regulators can be used but you might need a heat sink to keep the temperature down if you are pulling a lot of current.  With 5 digitals and one analog I have not needed a heat sink.
One of the great things about them is the self discharge is very slow.  I recently flew two flights one week and 4 the next without recharging.  Still had plenty left.  I chose 2000 mAh because they weren't much larger or heavier than the 1200s.  Of course the Li-Poly will be smaller and lighter.
I believe this is the way we are headed but it will take some time for the masses to accept a new technology.
Jim