2003 D2 BARKS and more

davel322 at comcast.net davel322 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 06:17:52 AKST 2003

At the time of the D2 Champs, 3 D1 classes were already mathematically decided - Sportsman (Joe Z), Intermediate (Ron L), and FAI (Dave L).

The top 2 D1 Advanced pilots (Rick W and Dave F) were not in attendance.

The top 2 D1 Masters pilots (Joe L and Ken V) had a tight race and did attend, but with/without the D2 Champs, Joe L keeps a slight lead.

I believe the only change it will make is a swap for 3rd/4th in Advanced (between Bev Cowell and Anthony Romano).

Barring any other late season out of District contest results I am not aware of, the above makes it a moot point whether or not to keep results from the D2 champs (for the D1 Champs totals).  Personally, I think the results should be kept as the intent of the "only sanctioned contests count rule" was to eliminate the possibility of someone gaining an unfair advantage by attending non-spec, non-published contests - the D2 Champs of course were well published, well run, and procuring a sanction was the intent.

Dave Lockhart
DaveL322 at comcast.net

# discussion-request at nsrca.org