Mr. Jose Luis Aresti

Xavier Mouraux xavier.mouraux at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 21 02:23:18 AKST 2003

FYI
A message from the AA list
Xavier

   Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:55:09 +0100
   From: guyrevel at volny.cz
Subject: Jose Luis Aresti

I regret to announce the passing of Mr. Jose Luis Aresti of Madrid, Spain..
A legend in our sport, he is the author of the "Aresti Aerocryptographic
System" which was the basis of our sport for many years.  His name is well
known to every aerobatic pilot who has used his shorthand method of
diagramming figures in years past.  A Past President of CIVA and a
President of Honour until his death this past Tuesday, 18 November 2003, he
was also winner of the FAI Gold Medal for his accomplishments.

Our condolences to his family and particularly the Spanish pilots who were
the beneficiaries of his work in promoting air sports in Spain as well.

Mike Heuer
President of CIVA

# discussion-request at nsrca.org