Li-ion chargers

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Tue Nov 18 20:02:31 AKST 2003

Although I am very happy with my cigar-lighter type chargers for my 2000 mAh 2-cell Li-ons, I need some reassurance that they were all working the same.

I purchased an NMP charger from Central Hobbies, (Jim Oddino is the designer I think). It has an nice analog meter that goes down to zero when the pack is fully charged.

I took some fully charged Li-ion packs, from different chargers, and tried to charge them with the NMP. What I saw was that the NMP charger shows a small amount of charge still goes in, then it goes to zero showing a fully charged pack. Only for about a minute. I concluded that the car chargers were doing just fine.

LED's work just fine but you can't beat a good old meter when you want to know.

Regards,

Eric.

Paid up member of ARA - Anal Retentives Anonymous :-)
# discussion-request at nsrca.org