After run Oil

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 15:43:10 AKST 2003

 I've read that Marvels Mystery Compressor oil is the thing to use. Any thoughts? By the way I saw quite a few problems with the pushrods and the pump cams on the DZ's this last season. The pre lube thing sounds smart. Mike

Dean Pappas <d.pappas at kodeos.com> wrote:I agree with Eric ...
I have seen more wiped cam followers and abused cams than you can shake a stick at, and I believe that most of it happened in the first minute of running a new engine. Once the surface galls, it wears differently for many hours of running. A good pre-lube in a new engine is an excellent idea, especially with the DZ not having raw fuel in the crankcase. The same oil as used in your fuel would also be good. Don't try any automotive cam pre-lube: it usually has moly-disulfide and will mess up glo-plugs and running until it washes out of the enginne. Don't ask how I know!
Regards All,
Dean