Question on building a Temptation

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 21:01:32 AKST 2003

In a message dated 11/14/2003 2:54:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wise at alaskalife.net writes:

> Subj:Question on building a Temptation
> Date:11/14/2003 2:54:25 AM Eastern Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:wise at alaskalife.net">wise at alaskalife.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> What size ply should I use for the firewall. The drawings that come with
> the plane show the firewall but don`t suggest a thickness for it. I`m
> using a Hyde mount with the nose ring glued in the nose of the plane.
> Thanks Jon

Jon, I use 1/8" aircraft ply (birch facings and at least 5 plies, 7 is
better, stiffer). Lite ply could also be used but the 1/8" would need doubling up
and would be a little heavier. It isn't necessary to use the more exotic
material like end grain balsa with carbon cloth facings but if you have this stuff
laying around, it will also work well. You will need ply circles where the blind
nuts will be inserted, to reinforce the area.

The all around best solution is the 1/8" a/c ply.

Matt K