History of our Judging Situation

EHaury at aol.com EHaury at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 09:10:16 AKST 2003

Dean

Good synopsis regarding the USPJA. The tragedy was that some in the
organization refused to even consider change. I recall offering some constructive
criticism regarding just what you mentioned, seniority vs. merit for ranking. I
received a letter from the (then) president severely chastising me for offering
it. Some words like "get on board or get out" really raised by blood pressure!
Some felt that the only way to overcome attitudes of that sort was to start a
new process. They may have been correct, but like I said previously, it's too
bad we couldn't find a collaborative approach to keep the good hard working
folks of the USPJA involved. Some of them continued to win judging jobs in the
Team Selection Tournaments for a few years, but none applied for this years
event.

Earl