Landings and Take-off's - The vote!.:

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Tue Nov 11 16:16:47 AKST 2003

This how those who cared to vote in the 2004 NSRCA survey, voted on landings and Take-off's for 2005 rules proposal changes.

Question-10
Should the Take off and Landing be scored in 401.
YES = 152____         NO = 26_____          RESULT  = NO CHANGE____

Question-16
Should take off and landings be scored in Intermediate
YES = 156____         NO = 25_____          RESULT = NO CHANGE____

Question-19
Should takeoff and landings be scored in Advanced
YES = 135____         NO = 39_____          RESULT = NO CHANGE____

Question-24
Should takeoff and landings be scored in Masters
YES = 106____         NO = 60_____          RESULT = NO CHANGE____

As you can see the majority still wanted to have them scored. The vote weakened a little in Masters but it still was strong for them both to be scored.

I have noticed a strong affinity, maybe even affection for these two maneuvers. Some believe that they strengthen a pilots flying skill etc. I think that more planes get hurt trying to land in bad conditions and on cruddy runways that any skill bonus. Just my opinion so please don't get all religious on me.

Regards,

Eric.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org