Spoilers for Pattern Planes?????

Chuck Czarnik CCzarnik at arclp.com
Mon Nov 10 14:34:10 AKST 2003

I set them up on all of my planes and use them occasionally.  They will
help sink rate without building up gobs of airspeed.  Gotta mix a bit of
up elevator to account for the change in angle of attack though.  The
good thing about spoilers is that they decrease the AOA of the tip of
the wing relative to the root, reducing tip stalling.