Spoilers for Pattern Planes?????

Larry Diamond jed241 at msn.com
Mon Nov 10 14:19:33 AKST 2003

OK...Maybe I'm loosing my mind...

I had a conversation with an individual that told me I was wrong and that we don't use nor will ever use spoilers for a pattern plane.

I do have at least one e-mail referencing that some folks in New Jersey have tinkered with this. I seem to recall a number of posts but I can' find them.

What I would like to do, is take the responses (Good / Bad) from this thread to form my own opinion.

I have never tried it. But I think it was advise I received from a thread on trying to control the speed of my landings for short runways. But I really don't recall all the points...

Then again, perhaps I have lost my mind...

See ya,

Larry