Mintor 1.7 - low cost engines

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 06:38:53 AKST 2003

 Luis put me in for liking the Webra 145 too. Also Tony Stillman reported last week that they are on sale for $259 now. That's a steal. The Webra's can stand up to any of the top engines today and they are easy on the wallet too. Mike

"White, Chris" <chris at ssd.fsi.com> wrote:Hi Luis....Welcome.
I too am a new member of NSRCA and understand your concern in cost of
engines. I have no experience with the Mintor, but I am now running 2 Webra
145AAR's in 2 Zen 120 airframes which give me a cost close to the price of 1
full blown pattern bird with a YS DZ. I'm very happy with the reliability
of the Webra and the Zen flies better than anything I've flown. (over 30 yrs
in R/C) I'm sure this ARF airframe will serve to improve my flying in the
Intermediate class. I have 87 runs on one Webra and the other one has 2
new out of the box with easy tuning. Don't get me wrong, the YS is a great
engine, but I find the Webra is low maintenance, low vibration and a
powerhouse (unlimited vertical on the 10lb airframe at 750' ASL on 15%
nitro). I have had one problem which zeroed a round for me, but it was
related to trash in the pump, and has not been repeated.

Best of luck....
Chris White
Owasso, Oklahoma