WaveMasters Contest (the last minute contest) Hollister Ca

WHIP23 at aol.com WHIP23 at aol.com
Sat Nov 1 21:34:15 AKST 2003

Well, the WaveMasters contest is over, aptly called the "last minute
contest".  We had great weather (I always provide great weather for my contests :-).
Small turn out (16), but after all it was the "last minute contest"  We
christened our new runway (some of us even landed on it, I'm smiling Franky), this
is one smoooth runway!!  We now have a smooth 50 X 400 ft runway, which,
coupled with unlimited over flight, easy access, sun rising on one end (east, by the
way) and setting on the other it just doesn't get any better.  Hopefully
everyone had a good time, now that I it's over and I've had time to think it over
I realize that I had a good time (wasn't sure earlier in the day :-) The
following is a short dissertation of who and what.

Sportsman

Dave Stoik - 2000 - Kaos - OS something - this was Dave's first pattern
contest
Mike Miller - 1931 - don't remember what he was flying
Joe Franks - 1737 - Focus -YS 140

Intermediate

Ed Luhrman - 2000
Jim Brown - 1682 - Focus (RIP) -YS 140

Jerry Ferwerda (Jay) - 2000 - Giles 202 - OS RX140
Jon Carter - 1972 - Angel's Shadow - OS RX140
Dennis Kanemura - 1838 - Sequel - YS 120/140 not sure which
Jon Hoshosaki - 1806 - Sequel - YS 140

Masters

Bob Whitacre - 1997 - Temptation - OS RX140
Roy Speights - 1991 - HydeAway - YS 140
Frank Capone - 1976 - Typhoon 2000 - OS RX140
Dennis Breene - 1621 - Jekyll Sequel? - YS?

FAI

Don Atwood - 2000 - Giles 202 - OS RX140
Adrian Wong - HydeAway - YS 140
Dick Beldon - Typhoon 2+2 (I think) OS 160 (I think)