Need help with YS 63 & Dayton, OH Contest...

David Harmon k6xyz at attbi.com
Thu May 29 22:05:19 AKDT 2003

Hi Larry....good work!
That problem with the mold flash is pretty well known and while not a
problem on every unit, it does happen a lot. Another thing that will
cause the same problem is metal debris inside the hole in the regulator
housing that the plunger shaft goes through...the debris jams the
plunger shaft and holds open the valve causing pressurized fuel to pour
out of the carb and/or fill up the engine too.

Sorry I can't make it to Dayton this weekend as I'll be flying in
California.....but I'll be wearing a hardhat too!!

Have Fun!

Dave NSRCA 586