Speaking of power

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Thu May 29 14:35:50 AKDT 2003

Who's pressing for lower noise?

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

"wgalligan" <wgalligan at cnbcom.net>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
05/29/2003 04:10 PM
Please respond to discussion

        To:     <discussion at nsrca.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Speaking of power

Based on all other models... our pattern planes are by far the quitest
airplanes in the air.  I have seen a few IMAC's that have the noise down
some but they still get a good prop rip at speed.  The .15 to .60 size
engines make an iratating high pitch whine.
 Why is it that the pattern planes are some of the quietest yet we are
still pressed for lowering the db even more?

WG