Intro Pattern Plane ?

don szczur dszczur at maranatha.net
Mon May 26 05:41:12 AKDT 2003

I've flown this airplane and its great for 3D/ Artistic Aerobatics kind of flying.  Its got a fairly solid speed range- feels (relatively speaking) like a pattern plane at higher speeds, feels like a fun fly plane at low speeds on high rates.  I set one up with two rates, standard and 3D.  The airplane needed a little more right thrust and a touch of up thrust for set up.  It also needed some mixing with rudder input but nothing extreme.  The pilot was thinking it had massive coupling (and aileron differential) problems, but actually what was happening was the elevator was too sensitive so we dialed it down to under 10 degrees up and 10 degrees down for regular flying.  High rate for "3D" maneuvers.  On high rate, it hovers great, torque rolls well, but still feels stable.

 With a name like Zeigenfus, you are from State College, PA? (my old stomping grounds).

Don