Webra 145 surge seems fixed

Earl Vincent ev3464 at sccoast.net
Thu May 22 14:27:54 AKDT 2003

I finally got the Focus done and started to work on the Webra 145, last time I ran it I had a mid range blank in the throttle curve
that had me fooled a few times that the engine had quit when it was still running. Tuesday I used most of the afternoon to make
adjustments to finally get the engine running perfect. FYI this is exactly what I did, every body has an opinion but this made the
engine very adjustable and the transition was fine.
Took up first flight, long surge coming up on mid throttle after long done line, spin etc., landed, loosened engine and adjusted
pump screw in 1/4 turn, flew again a little bit better, repeated the 1/4 turns 4 more times each flight becoming better until after
the last 1/4 it transitions, idled and ran top end flawlessly the rest of the day. The clue I got was that I have a Webra 120 pumped
with the same pump and carb on my Ultimate and it has run with little adjustment right out of the box but the main needle is only
out about 1.25 to 1.5 turns out, the 145 at the start of this was out 2.5 turns and was still a little lean, after richening the pump the
145 needle is now out about 1.5 turns out, it may or may not have anything to do with it but I thought I would share my findings.
Good Flying to Ya'll
Earl Vincent