Incidence meters

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed May 21 16:06:30 AKDT 2003

A couple of thoughts on this thread:

First, for a model that has progressed enough to have all the pieces built--
the easiest way to get the various angles needed is with a transit. There are
alot of benefits, the most important of which is this: the model doesn't need
any fancy surface tables or any lazer beams to get it level, because it really
does not need to be level. All measurements are made relative to the
transit's plane of rotation, so the model's attitude only needs to be adjusted to be
parallel to this plane. And if you want to be absolutely dead certain that stab
and wing are parallel, well that's straight forward also

Transits can be expensive devices but eBay may have something for cheap.
Learning to use one is not that tough really, and shouldn't pose a problem for
most any pattern flier.

The easiest way I have found to determine the zero thrust line on a glass
fuse, is with sewing thread. The center at the nose is fairly easy to get exact,
so I tie a length of thread from the nose center to the tail post, at the
appropriate height on the post so the fuse sets properly. Scribe lines are then
transcribed to the outside of the fuse.

My penny's worth FWIW

Matt Kebabjian