Papa Pattern?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Wed May 21 13:55:30 AKDT 2003

Del Rykert wrote:

> Maybe we should be calling him Papa pattern.? I don't think he
> qualifies for Grandpa pattern? (VBG) I'm told one needs some snow on
> the roof top to get that distinguished title. Meant as a total and
> complementary credit to Dean.

The real "Papa Pattern" is Charlie Reed.  Charlie is about 77 years old
and still competes.  I started flying Pattern in 1967 and that's a while
ago, but Charlie is about 10 years older than me.  BTW, I just 'know'
that Jerry Budd will pop in here with a whippersnapper comment about
now.  He also knows that if he's too outrageous I will challenge him to
a 10K race.

Ron Van Putte