Another Question

jim ivey jivey61 at msn.com
Mon May 19 03:53:41 AKDT 2003

Dan
 The way I test for this is to pre-load the Elevator with 2-4 oz fishing weights, 2-4 oz each side. Use a precision setup to check deflection such as the system Jerry Budd sells. It's very accurate for this. Do the up elevator then invert the plane and test the down elevator. Check for equal deflection between the 2 elevators, through the range of the deflection.
I bet you find the pushrod flexes to one side causing unequal pull in the down direction. I had this happen to my Focus.  Good luck

Jim Ivey