A surprise way to lose a plane

Michael H Lance michael.lance2 at attbi.com
Sun May 18 22:20:47 AKDT 2003

Lance,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate loss. It is a bitch to have a
simple connection rob you of your bird.

I had a similar experience several years ago which cost me a very nice
Meridian.  The battery disconnected on final and trim was out JUST
enough to cause a wing tip to drop hit first.  She rolled herself into a
ball.

Since then I have used heat shrink over any permanent connections and
tie temporary connections (ailerons) into a square knot.  While it
hasn't saved me from other mishaps I no longer worry about any of my
servo connections failing.

Mike Lance