YS140DZ and Heat

Ed Deaver Divesplat1 at msn.com
Sun May 18 18:04:10 AKDT 2003

Hey everyone.  Am wondinring if anyone else has noticed the DZ running different once the temp is over 90 degrees.

The engine has been great but on the 2 hottest days so far, I can't get it to run throughout the entire tank.  Without changing anything on the plane.  For example, yest the thing ran wonderful, today at 98 degrees or so it only ran 4-6 min then died on a downline.  Tried to richen up the engine and it got worse(high end)  The transition from idle to full rpm had a sag in the air so leaned out the pump reg a little and things improved.

My question, do I have to make these changes on a regular basis with weather changes??

Magnum DZ fuel, APC 16.5X12.5W, OS#5 pllug.

Thank You for any thoughts.

Ed