Webra Woes

Brian Billings auto7832 at bellsouth.net
Sun May 18 17:37:36 AKDT 2003

Well I finally got my Webra 145 back the week before last after TWO MONTHS with a letter that basically said that nothing was wrong, anyways thats a different story. Flew the plane last weekend and all seemed ok for the first couple flights but I did notice it bogging down on the uplines at half throttle and I would have to push to three quarters throttle or better in order to restore pulling power, motor also seemed a little hotter after landing on the third and fourth flights, I did not think a whole lot about it and richend the low and high needle in preparartion for the next weekend. Well went out today to get some flights on it and could hardly get the motor to prime {twenty flips and still no fuel at carb?} I used my hand fuel pump on the fuel jug to litely flush some fuel back and fourth through the pump and tried again, this time it pulled fuel fine and carb was dripping at about six flips of the prop and motor fired right up and ran ok on the ground but was still sagging in the air at part throttle uplines. Landed and put her up. Got home tonight and pulled everything apart {tank, lines, carb and pump} for inspection. What I found was a tiny hair lodged under one of the small u shaped valves in the pump, AH HA!! I gotcha. Cleaned all pump components in a dish of alchohol and put it back together. Pump will now pick fuel straight up a 24 inch hose in about four flips and squirt six inches out the outlet of the pump. Will not get to try it again until next weekend but I am sure this has been my problem. If your Webra pump quits pumping this is a good place to start looking, very simple pump and easy to pull apart. Hope this helps anyone down the road! Happy flying.

Brian Billings