prop repitching

NSRCA service at clubmanprops.com
Fri May 16 19:14:30 AKDT 2003

Hi guys,

Just a note on this to be careful that you don't drop a blade doing it -
it's easy to end up with a each blade tracking differently, which
effectively throws the prop out of balance.  The basic technique Dave
mentions is the same as we use to repitch the Bollys (although we use a
quench bath, kevlar gloves and bolt the prop to an aluminum bracket/table
jig).  When you're done measure on a flat surface the distance from each tip
to the surface - it must be exactly the same.

I've never tried this on an injection molded prop (APC, Clubman, MA) and it
won't work for a hollow prop, but on the epoxy composite props it works
great.

Wayne Powell
Bolly Props North America
http://www.BollyProps.com