OS 140 RX Bearing care

Earl Vincent ev3464 at sccoast.net
Fri May 16 01:33:50 AKDT 2003

When I was running my EFI I tried to leave both shields (rubber) in and on a
95 degree day the engine started
sagging on uplines and then would stall at idle, I took the bearing out and
found the rear shield was rubbing the face of the
crankshaft, after removing the shield the problem went away, I also use
mobil 1 for after run or Cool Power synth oil. Have
always taken the shields out since, and have never had the problem again. I
have tried leaving the fuel in the engine like Bryan
suggested, the plain steel bearing went bad in ten flights at our last
contest, maybe this stainless bearing will last longer.Other than the
bearing, I am very happy with the engine running the Greve pipe, but the
HOT+HUMID=more nitro in my YS days
are still ahead, when it is this hot do you shorten the pipe or lengthen to
keep it coming on in the same spot on the two stroke?
Earl