F3A Biplanes have a future!

Earl Vincent ev3464 at sccoast.net
Wed May 14 13:18:09 AKDT 2003

There may be some major design changes to make these pattern bipes fly better, but did'nt  Tony Frac try to fly a bipe a number
of years ago, if it were a superior tool why was it given up on, I feel the top flyers get to a point where they are so close in flying
ability that they want to have something to make their flight stand out. As far as watching Chip or one of these guys flying one and
feeling that the plane flies better than the current excellent batch of pattern mono planes we have at our finger tips is a little ahead
of the game, we are not giving ourselves time (gallons of fuel) to enjoy what we have now.
Someone mentioned they hoped everyone did not jump on the band wagon and feel that if you are not flying a bipe you are not going to get score, remember we are our own JUDGES at most contests. I to hope that the current designs get a chance to digest
before this bipe/gas engine etc thing gets our attention. Chip could make a Falcon 56 look like a contender, just my personal
opinion.
Earl Vincent