New Mintors

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue May 13 18:31:16 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 5/13/2003 9:15:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
davidflynt at earthlink.net writes:

> Subj:RE: New Mintors
> Date:5/13/2003 9:15:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:davidflynt at earthlink.net">davidflynt at earthlink.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> I have heard that too much oil can cause bearings to float.  That is, the
> rollers do not roll as fast as the engine is turning, and the bearings
> float
> on a thich film of oil.  I don't know if this is hearsay, but if something
> like this does happen, then I can imagine it would actually increase
> friction, making the engine work harder, with a resulting loss of power.
>
> Has anybody else ever heard or confirmed this condition?
>
> David

Dave,

I don't believe you would get too much of that at these rpm's. At higher
rpm's, it would be a different story, except much higher rpms. Even the 60's
of 15 years ago turning 14K rpm didn't really have that problem. And the fuel
hasn't changed much for the big 2 strokes compared to then.

Matt