MINTOR

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Mon May 12 07:29:29 AKDT 2003

It all sounds like my experience.
Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: Henderson,Eric [mailto:Eric.Henderson at gartner.com]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 11:17 AM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: RE: MINTOR

Dean,
          I went with the instructions and richened the transition - it's just like my old OS 1.40's - I monitored the head with a laser temp - learned that from breaking in RC car motors.

This engine was tight before it ran. You could feel and hear the ring/barrel noise. Just sounded like a crappy bearing. Now it bobbles back and forth with that "smooth" feel when you bounce the prop.

I used the F's to keep it running while "wet"  So far the elements are shiny. I will run a full gallon of sport fuel before I go to the 15/16. I also tried to run some "straight" fuel at the end of the day and it would only do it if I lit up both of the plugs. Definitely still have the settings very rich.

Also noted that it drips out of the carb, like the OS 1.40, when filling the tank, Closing it all of the way did not stop the drip - Might stop when set leaner. If not will fit valve or clamp. like the "old" days..

Eric.