2-c Hydemount - Mintor 1.70

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Mon May 12 05:50:13 AKDT 2003

RE: RE: RE: 3M EnginesPlease elaborate:
"mount was stiffened slightly"

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606
johnferrell at earthlink.net
Dixie Competition Products
NSRCA 479 AMA 4190  W8CCW
"My Competition is Not My Enemy"

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Henderson,Eric
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 8:50 AM
  Subject: 2-c Hydemount - Mintor 1.70

  One thing that I did notice while breaking-in the 1.70, (there is not much else to do except observe during this process), was the air-frame vibration.

  It was a very good result. I am using a 1.40 Hydemout A , 3/4 back plate to clear the header, with no nose ring. Because the 2-c shakes a lot less (than a 4-c) the mount was stiffened slightly. The result was a very smooth airframe performance . The controls did not buzz except some elevator at just above idle, for a brief moment. there was no aileron blur at all.

  I like this type of behavior because the servos last longer and there is less current drain due to the servo fighting the control service.

  Regards,

  Eric