New Mintors

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Mon May 12 03:39:37 AKDT 2003

Lance,
       I much prefer to have a tight engine. (Most engines that we receive are a compromise so that the users don't break them). I would suggest that the break-in instructions need to be a bit more comprehensive. The 170 may also be different to the 1.40. (The Moki needed a similar break-in.) BTW it was not cowled in very much. I had removed the top to accommodate the DZ pump. I then removed most of the front to accommodate the carb. (The Hydeout is quite narrow at the spinner.)

I tried using two different plugs on my modified OS 1.60 and one always died. I will switch to the recommenced A5's when I get a cool run and see how they do.

The vertical was strong even though it was just a 16" prop. It was also nice and quiet. Looking forward to trying some of my 3-blade props later on.

Eric.