Black Dirt Squadron Pattern Challenge 9/1/03

Ed Miller edbon85 at optonline.net
Fri May 9 14:16:27 AKDT 2003

It's official, the Black Dirt Squadron of Florida, NY will be hosting the "Black Dirt Squadron Pattern Challenge" in NSRCA District 1 on Monday, September 1, 2003 ( Labor Day ) at the Black Dirt Squadron club field. AMA sanction # 03-1489, CD's are myself and Anthony Romano. This is an AA event with trophies for the first 3 places in classes 401 through 404 and 406. Contestant judging. There will be food available for purchase and a 50- 50 raffle. We will be running 2 flight lines with the hopes of getting 4 rounds. 401 ( Sportsman ) can fly up to an 80" monoplane. We won't be officially weighing planes or doing a sound check, but we may have a scale and DB meter available if someone would like to check their planes weight or sound level. My hope is to have the pilot's meeting at 8:30am with the first plane in the air shortly thereafter. The club owned field is the finest in the northeast, sod quality grass runways and pits. This will be my first contest as a CD and with Anthony's experience and help I expect this to be a well run event. There will be an ad in Model Aviation shortly. More information will be coming, or if you'd like my home number is 845-223-5459, I have school age sons so please call before 9pm.
Ed Miller.