Words of praise

Ed Miller edbon85 at optonline.net
Fri May 9 14:01:38 AKDT 2003

I just recently had an experience with one of our long time pattern suppliers that needs to be shared. Awhile back I purchased a deluxe kit version of this gentleman's FAI design. The workmanship on the fuse, wings, stab and rudder are second to none, light, straight and accurate. If a part was marked 42 grams, that part weighed 42 grams ( yes, everything was weighed by this gentleman and marked ). The level of pre-fabrication was extensive, firewall, nose ring and motor mount installed, wing and stab tubes and adjusters installed and wings/stabs aligned, wings/stab and rudder virtually ready to cover, fixed gear supplied and mounted, and a crystal clear canopy was supplied. The deluxe kit was delivered to my door in a short period of time, packaged so even UPS couldn't hurt it and came with detailed instructions. I'm ashamed to say how much I paid for this beautiful piece of craftsmanship as I honestly feel it was worth twice what I paid for it. Life being what it is, I'm just now nearing completion of this plane after having it for over a year. Due to a really bone head thing I did, I ruined the rudder before the Monokote application. I called this gentleman and explained I ruined the rudder and inquired if he could pre-fab a new one for me. That was less than a week ago and in my possession right now is my new rudder, again, a perfect piece of master craftsmanship. I have owned 5 designs by this gentleman and still have 3 of them. Those that know me here in NSRCA district 1 can attest to the flight qualities of these airplanes. I will without doubt own more of his designs for 2 reasons, they fly great but more importantly because this gentleman is a first class designer, builder and person. If you've ever had dealings with this man you've probably already guessed his name, Dick Hanson. If you haven't, I strongly suggest you do. My sincere thanks Dick.
Hanson Runaway - New owner enjoying
Hanson Extasy ( an EMC prototype ) - New owner enjoying
Hanson 26% Dalotel - I'm currently flying and enjoying
Hanson Elan - Still own and will never part with, best plane I've ever owned
Hanson EMC2 - Soon to be completed
Hanson ??? - I'm sure I'll have one
Ed Miller.